FOOOOOD!!

My all time favorite food is aebleskiver. Aebleskiver is like a pancake in a ball. The way I absolutely love to eat them is when sugar covers it. It is a danish desert. It tastes a lot like a pancake, a little doughy in the middle, and it is formed into a ball using a special cooking tool. Aebleskiver is brown and tan and is cooked on top of a stove with the burner. My family eats it on some holidays such as Christmas, Thanksgiving, and Valentines Day. (If your at Grandmas house) Aebleskiver is commonly served as a breakfast meal. The way people make it is very simple. You will need the special pan to cook the aebleskiver in. You will also need a cooking spray so the aebleskiver doesn’t stick to the pan. My grandma uses a metal rodlike needle to cook the aebleskiver. To make the batter you need to start off with 1 1/4 of all purpose flour, 1/2 a teaspoon of salt, 2 1/4 teaspoons of baking powder, 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar, 1 beaten egg, 1 cup of milk, 3 tablespoons of butter or margarine divided, melted, and cooled, powdered sugar (optional), and fruit jam (optional). You put the batter into the holes of the pan and rotate until cooked. I highly recommend you to try aebleskiver sometime.

Photo by Yutaka Seki
Photo by Yutaka Seki
Photo by bradleypjohnson
Photo by bradleypjohnson

2 comments

1. Hi, Isaach!

Do you know what “æble” means in Danish?

I have been to Denmark, but I never tasted æbleskiver there.

I like your description, and how you tell us how it’s made. I would like to try eating it sometime!

Good job also on your attribution for your photos.